Today the 7th grade students beginning Confirmation received their Luther's small catechism...it was especially cool because this is the same spot where Jon and I stood in 7th grade when we received ours.
The boy she is standing next to is the boy from the hot dog stand yesterday, fun!
It's the book that pretty much contains the basics of the Lutheran religion...The Ten Commandments, The Nicene Creed, The Lord's Prayer...the things you study throughout confirmation. It's kind of a study guide to use with the Bible I guess...another tool to use to learn. :)
3 comments:
I hope I don't come off sounding stupid but, what is the Luther's small catecism???
It's the book that pretty much contains the basics of the Lutheran religion...The Ten Commandments, The Nicene Creed, The Lord's Prayer...the things you study throughout confirmation. It's kind of a study guide to use with the Bible I guess...another tool to use to learn. :)
PS Can you tell I am not totally sure either, except her getting it made me get teary if you can imagine that. ;)
Post a Comment