Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

To My Mom:

Thank you for making me laugh with your goofing around, even though we roll our eyes when you do it, it's fun. Thank you for always emphasizing the importance of reading...the time I spend doing it is therapeutic and after all, "readers are leaders". Thank you for recognizing the ways that I am different from my siblings and appreciating me for who I am...even when I am more of a challenge at times. Oh, and thanks for helping me perfect "Dumb Dog" and coaching my way to one "mean" audition! ;)
Thank you for being my mom and Happy Mothers Day, I love you!

To My Sister:

I never in a million years imagined you would have four children, but thank goodness you did! You are doing an excellent job as a mom and I really admire the patience and sense of humor you have through it all. You are raising some amazing people who I thoroughly enjoy and I am so proud of the great mom that you are! I love our phone chats, your sense of humor, and all of the support you have given me over the years...Thank you!
I love you sissy, Happy Mothers Day!

To My Best Friend:

I learned so much about parenting from you...I remember taking it all in and hoping that I would do it as well as you. You get me, even when I don't say a word...heaven sent without a doubt! What a cool thing it has been to share so many of my life memories with you, up to and including being parents. You have done a wonderful job with the kids and they are very lucky to have a mom like you!
Happy Mothers Day my BFATED, luh you so much!


To My Arkansas Mother In Law:

You are such a blessing in my life! You raised my favorite person in the whole world, and very well I might add, and I am so thankful for the gift that he is to all of us. Thank you for being such a support to me/us throughout the years, you are so thoughtful and I am very thankful for all you are to us! Sweet cards out of the blue, special notes, cozy jammies, or just a phone call out of the blue...you brighten many days and we are very lucky to have you!
Happy Mother's Day with lots of love!


To My SC Mother In Law:

Dominoes, playing cards, talks on the deck, visits to the beach, boat rides...so many special memories! Also, the countless (sometimes late night) times you have talked me through medicine, stethascopes, nebs, and being such a huge source of information and support with the kids...what a treat it is to know that the person I am reaching out to for help loves my kids as much as I do! You are very special to us and I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Love, and big hugs from all of us!

To My Sister's-In-Law:

Helen, you juggle so many balls at one time and never seem to drop any of them, ever. You make having five kids look easy...thankfully I wasn't tricked by how easy you made it look and try it myself! So many memories too, but the drive to I Falls was a big one...big pregnant bellies, great conversation, and the start of a very important journey in faith. Oh, and that beautiful voice...still gives me chills every time you sing!
Love you lots, and Happy Mother's day!

Heather, I don't even know where to start...I have known you since I was 16 so trying to sum it up seems impossible, but please know that you are very special to me. You crack me up and are so much fun to be with...especially during lazy man's garage sales! You are doing a great job being a mom, and I am so proud of your accomplishments and the life you are providing for Kendall...you've come a long way from our basement and I am so proud of you!
Happy Mother's Day "Short Pants", love you lots!

To My Fairy God Mother:

Thank you for the love of crafts, the ways you support me, the love of shoes that seems to have rubbed off, and for being a part of my growth in my faith relationship. Thank you for being so special to girls too, I am so glad they get to know you like they do! You are a great blessing in my life! Oh, and they way you love to make your awesome gravy for Jon is very special...he looks forward to that gravy all year long! :)
Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday, I hope your day is extra special! Love you lots!

***

Each of you have had a great impact on me and the mom that I am, and I am very blessed to have you all in my life.

A Very Happy Mother's Day to you all, with love!




When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. You are connected to your child and to all those who touch your lives. A mother always has to think twice: once of herself and once for her child.-- Sophia Loren

6 comments:

Helen Martin said...

Lovely.

Thank you, and a Wonderful Mothers Day to you, too!

Anonymous said...

You are too kind....and thanks!!! :)
Happy Mother's Day to Jon's favorite person!
Love you!

Carrie said...

Thank you for your kind words. Happy belated Mother's Day to you too. I hope that you had a nice day doing something you love.

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOU, you are so sweet!! Happy Belated Mother's Day to one of my favorite moms in the whole wide world!! We are so lucky to have in our lives.

ed and margaret said...

your words are so kind, I appreciate the tenderness and the memories! Thanks dear, Love, Margaret

Mom said...

Very nice post - made me cry!