On October 11th, 1987 Jon and I went, as friends, to see a movie. It was 11:30 pm and I had a half an hour before curfew, but we had no money, nowhere else to go, and nothing more to do...so, we parked a block away from my house on Garfield, listened to music, smoked, and talked. Then, I got up the courage, leaned over, and kissed him.
He happily reciprocated and that was "it".
We have been together ever since...never broken up, never taken a break, never seen other people. October 11th, 1987 was the night that "Jon and Lisa" started, we became "us".
20 years! I have spent more than half of my life with this person...he knows me better than anyone else in the world and loves me anyway! I have been at my best and at my worst with Jon...he reads me like no one else can.
After 20 years, he still sees me as 16 and I him. He has never yelled at me or spoken harsh words (even though I surely deserved it from time to time), has always made me feel beautiful despite what the mirror or the world might say, always respected me, and has never done anything but put me, and now me and our girls, before everything in his life.
He is loving, kind, generous, funny, handsome, my best friend, and my very foundation.
He is my love, "the one".
As if it were a surprise, we met in church, the same church we visit each Sunday and where we often share a private moment about with a smile, or touch of the hand, right there in the middle of the service. What a blessing it has been to be together all these years...all the stories, laughs, moments, and memories...each and every one of which has been safely tucked away in my heart.
I thank God every day for this person and I am so excited to spend the rest of my life appreciating the gift that he is to me.
Jon-
Thank you for treasuring that heart of mine that you so lovingly hold in your hands and keep safe.
I love you very, very much...words can never fully express.
Happy 20th Anniversary!
Always-
Lisa
4 comments:
What an inspiration to all couples. Always realize, most relationships are NOT this loving. Enjoy it even more than you already do because it is a once in a lifetime gig! Happy 20 years! :)
How proud I am of the type of relationship the two of you have. It's very deep, respectful and full of appreciation for each other and your family. You're always lucky when you can find that "one in a million" for yourself and you did with Jon. Happy Anniversary!
YEAH!!!
I love you both very much and have always found your relationship an inspiration. I've spoken of yours as the strongest and most loving relationship that I know exists on earth and it will continue to be one that gives me a renewed hope for what can be for the rest of us.
God placed Jon on your path and what a blessing! (And vise-versa, not doubt!!) You both have grown through loving eachother amidst the many stages of life and managed to do so without hurting eachother or taking eachother for granted.
I am so thankful for the both of you and lucky to be apart of your lives as a very dear friend. Congratulations and I'm SOOO happy for you both for the love you share together!!! Continue to cherish every moment together... Happy belated Anniversary!
Lisa and Jon~
This was God's plan for your lives and you Martin birds found it! Only secondary are the two wonderful mothers who raised you. :) Seriously,
Congratulations!! God is always right..."Love never fails"...
Post a Comment