Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

We decided to stay in our area and trick or treat with the kids tonight, which was a lot of fun because many of the houses were pretty over the top.
This year Madison was a "Zombie Prom Queen" (which is a compromise between the "cutesy" I had hoped for and the "creepy" she wanted), and Emerson was a "50's Girl".

Can you tell they are super excited to stop for a picture??


Spooky house with scary sound effects...very cool!

Trick or treat!!

Emmy in her covered up costume, at least you can see a little bit of the poodle skirt!

Racing to the next house.

These are pictures from last weekend when Madison was totally "done up". She was invited to a coed 8th grade Halloween party last weekend, which is a big deal when you are in 7th grade, so we "did it up" for the party. I even stopped at a florist and had them make a real, but "creepy" looking wrist corsage...turned out really cool and it was good practice for the dances that are yet to come!

PS The no smiling thing is to emphasize the creepy, zombie effect...wouldn't want to look too cutesy or anything!

If you take away the scowl and the white paint on her face and shoulders, she looks pretty cute!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

SPPPPPOOOOKKKKYYY!! Love the dress Madison, very pretty!! Hope you girls got a lot of candy. (If you have any left overs, I might have to borrow some over Thanksgiving) ;)

But I am guessing there won't be any left!! :) At least when I was that age, mine would be gone in two days.

Carrie said...

You guys look really cute...I mean Emmy looks cute and Madison looks really creepy. That's a compliment. Cute dress..what is that for besides Halloween? Happy Halloween Martin family!

Mom said...

Love the costumes and missed seeing them but I knew it didn't make sense to drive out our way, besides Grandpa's sick with a cold. Love the creepy prom queen look and the rock n roller chick - Amazing that she is even old enough to be thinking about dances but I suspect it won't be long - yish, I'm getting old, huh? Very cute and glad you all have fun.

Kyle said...

oooooh spooky!

Kyle said...

(I'm a little late on the comment huh?)